Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lunar birthday

According to the lunar calendar, today is my "chinese" birthday. As part of tradition, my Ah Mah prepared some very interesting things for me to play with. Claire-claire overheard Ah Mah explaining what they mean if Claire-claire picks them first...


1. chicken - Claire will always have things to eat.

2. red eggs - Hmm... If not the above, she will at least have eggs.

3. book - Claire will like to read.

4. scissors - Err... Claire didn't catch this.

5. ruler - Claire may be an engineer.

6. measuring tape - Claire likes to build bigger things.

7. dollar note - Claire will be rich. (My mama provided a big note.)

8. pen - Claire, the poet?

9. abacus - Claire, the accountant?

What did Claire-claire pick?

First, the pen!

Then, the abacus..

Then, the measuring tape.
Followed by the $50 note, ruler and book.

My mama is a little sad that Claire-claire touched neither the chicken nor the red eggs. Well mama, if only my favourite teddy bear biscuits were there...

1 comment:

  1. Haha, how cute! I did this when I was very little as well. I think I picked the calculator and the money first. I have pictures of it somewhere... :P

    ReplyDelete